The institute has an eight members council that formulate the institute’ policies and strategies and oversee and supervise the management.
IDFPM council is made up of:
- Mr Joe Alegieonu (President): a retired director, development finance, Central Bank of Nigeria. He is an economist and a development finance expert.
- Hon. Hassan Alfa (1st Vice president): Former member, Kaduna State House of Assembly and Chairman Alfa Cares. He is a management consultant and community mobilization and development expert.
- Dr Alfred Tambe (2nd Vice President): A development economist and Monitoring and evaluation specialist.
- Prof. Moses Ochonu (Member): Professor, Africa History and Development, Vanderbilt University, Tennessee, USA. He is professional development administrator.
- Dr Joe Anwoe (Member), A development economist with the Bureau of Public Enterprises.
- Mr Jeol Adeoye (Member), a chartered accountant and development finance expert.
- Mrs Happiness Oklobia (Treasurer), a chartered financial administrator.
- Dr Lucky Onmonya (Registrar/CEO), professional accountant, management consultant, development administrator and development finance consultant. Author of ‘Entrepreneurship and New Venture Management’ and Publisher of Development Impact Magazine.